I am postdoctoral associate at the Xiao-Jing Wang's Lab at the Center of Neural Since at New York University.
Previously, I was a PhD student at the Department of Statistics at the University of Chicago, advised by Nicolas Brunel. I am originally from Chile.
You will find more about my academic background on my CV.
- Pereira U and Brunel N. Unsupervised Learning of Persistent and Sequential Activity. Under review. [bioRxiv][code]
- Vera J, Pereira U, Reynaert B, Bacigalupo J and Sanhueza M. Neuronal resonance in the theta (4-10 Hz) frequency range is modulated by dynamic changes in the input resistance. Under review. [bioRxiv]
- Pereira U and Brunel N. Attractor dynamics in networks with learning rules
inferred from in vivo data. Neuron. 2018 Jun 14; 99(1), 227-238. [paper][code]
- Pereira U, Coullet P, Tirapegui E. The Bogdanov–Takens Normal Form: A Minimal Model for Single Neuron Dynamics. Entropy. 2015 Nov 30;17(12):7859-74. [paper]
- Vera J, Pezzoli M, Pereira U, Bacigalupo J, Sanhueza M. Electrical resonance in the θ frequency range in olfactory amygdala neurons. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 21;9(1):e85826. [paper]
- Contreras D, Pereira U, Hernandez VC, Reynaert B, Letelier JC. A loop conjecture for metabolic closure. InECAL 2011 (pp. 176-183). [paper]
- Pereira U, Aljadeff J, Brunel N. Chaos with Associative Memory Properties in Attractor Neural Networks.
- Gillett M, Pereira U and Brunel N. Unsupervised learning of sequential activity with temporally asymmetric Hebbian learning rules
You can contact me writing to u[dot]pereira[dot]obilinovic[at]nyu.edu.